Saturday, March 22, 2008

I have been feeling out of sorts the past couple of weeks. A strange, foreboding heaviness that I cannot place my fingers on plagues a heart that that is already burdened with...IT that shall not be named. [SOL]

I fear for my sanity, which if you don't know by now is hanging by a silvery, gossamer-thin thread. It clearly behooves me and all those around me for me to remain somewhat uncrazy because when madness takes over, I just become a puddle of murky, suffocating melancholy.

Here is but a wee flashback to how I can be when the heart and mind are weighed down by a 1-tonne millstone. 'Tis not a pretty sight, I assure you.

An Excerpt from a darker time...

....
It appears that I'm in one of my melancholic bouts. Those of you who know me will know that it is during times like this that I can't help but give the proverbial permanently stitched heart on the sleeve a good airing for all and sundry. And I don't even care if you don't give a damn satang. Not anymore.

Do you know how much I hate tears? People who say that crying is good for the soul, that it's in fact a positive form of cathartic release are just full of B.S. I'm typing this through a fog of water+salt and trust me, I'm not feeling any sort of release here.

Why does nobody place any sort of value on friendships and relationships in this city? No, seriously, I really want to know. *out of sighT, out of mind* seems to be the adage of the day here. Friendships forged are transient and superficial at best and most times casually dismissed when one's tangible presence isn't around anymore. At first, I was appalled and beyond hurt at such cavalier attitudes towards relationships and such but now that I'm wiser (chyea) and been through the whole hoopla a dozen times over with unkept promises of *I'll keep in touch*, *no matter what happens, I'll always have your back*, I now ASPIRE to adopt this same flippant, lassire fare attitude about anything that even breathes.

Having said that, I am still anti-facebook and will not despite mounting peer pressure from all fronts, sign up on the shallowest and most superficial and FAKE *social networking* site to sprout up on the internet ever. As with all fads, this too shall pass. Anyone even remember friendster? 'nuff said.
[note the self-righteous, holier-than-thou spirit here, yes you don't want to cross my path when I'm drowning in a pool of pain, disillusionment and severe let-downess.]

I shall strive my darndest to treat folks who pass through my life as disposible, dispensible and replaceable. [she says with such passion, such gusto, such blustering bluff, only at that time she believed she would/could do it]....

So, in the spirit of Good Friday and Easter, I shall strive to shake off this impending, n'er-bode-well feeling that only signals the oncoming rush of something So. Much. Worse.

rescue.me

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anti facebook. lol! some people spent too much time poking here poking there. ha!

like that i guess u also despite mounting pressure, didn't sign up for friendster also : )

fennielyn said...

oh goodness my sweet, friendster was all the rage back WHEN...and that was eons ago, I was bugged into signing up from Her Majesty, my sister and whatever her bidding, I almost always fulfil. =p Having a great Sunday or what? heh.

FoxTwo said...

I'm about to go Anti-Facebook too haa... too many app requests. Nowadays I just block everything.

Anonymous said...

sadly, i caved a while ago and plugged some obligatory info into the Facebook juggernaut of artificial friendliness. god, how many times must i add yet another application to my account just to reply to another poker? I suspect it will be a fad. I wonder how many hot Web 2.0 bits will be a distant memory by next year . . . hmmm

great post, BTW :) I like your writing style. have I said that before?

Ghoti said...

Well, Facebook. Nothing is creepier than to receive a message that I have been bitten from some sad middle-aged guy. Is this the way grown-ups used to have fun???

I, too, like your writing.

fennielyn said...

foxtwo, may the force be with you for going anti.

zack, apparently resistance is futile wherewhere FB is concerned for many, yet I remain unmoved, the Force is definitely strong with this one (me, yo)

ghoti, you sexy being, how goes the bites and other love-gestures of late? More enjoyable I hope.

I guess we should all be so thankful that through some common, virtual, lame-ass community, we, the young, the old, the perverts, the pristine, the philistines, the neanthethals and me, a perfectly preserved fossilized hermit are brought together.

Continue to thrive O mighty FB but I am neither worthy nor bloody cool enough. Which is also why I will never own an ipod, unless it's a fake that I can get from MBK.

Anonymous said...

Здравствуйте!

Я хочу рассказать вам о большом сайте я нашел. Они заплатят мне читать электронную почту,
посещения веб-сайтов и многое другое.

Это бесплатно присоединиться и просто зарегистрироваться! CLICK THIS
Ссылка на VISIT:
http://www.ft-mails.com/pages/index.php?refid=chuach2008


---------------------------------

Hello,

I want to tell you about a great site I found. They pay me to read e-mail,
visit web sites and much more.

It's free to join and easy to sign up! CLICK THIS
LINK TO VISIT:
http://www.ft-mails.com/pages/index.php?refid=chuach2008


Be a Top Cash earner!

---------------------------------

Hola,

Quiero informarle a usted acerca de un gran sitio que he encontrado. Ellos me pagan para leer e-mail,
Visita los sitios Web y mucho más.

Es gratis y fácil a unirse para inscribirse! CLICK PRESENTE
ENLACES A VISITAR:
http://www.ft-mails.com/pages/index.php?refid=chuach2008


---------------------------------

مرحبا ،
واريد ان اقول لكم عن عظيم الموقع وجدته. إنهم لا يدفعون لي لقراءة البريد الإلكتروني ،
زيارة المواقع على شبكة الانترنت وأكثر من ذلك بكثير.

انها مجانيه وسهلة للانضمام الى التسجيل! انقر على هذا
لزيارة الوصله :
http://www.ft-mails.com/pages/index.php?refid=chuach2008



http://singapore-cutegirl.blogspot.com/

I dare you to steal my stuff!

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape