Thursday, January 24, 2008

My latest Aquisitions

So, those of you who know me, know that I mostly scorn counter brands (la mer being the one exception) because I've worked for EL (whom I despise passionately, hey, I was a la mer fan way before they even bought the brand yo)and know how crappy most of their products really are. Don't forget that we staff get to try all the latest *releases* first, so I SHOULD know.

However, in the past couple of years, I've been rather enamoured of certain Dior products (this doesn't mean that I don't stand by the fact that almost all counter brands are rubbish) and I only discovered them because a good friend who used to work with me in La Prairie hopped over to join them and frequently managed to score massive amounts of samples for me. (Thank you C for knowing just exactly the type of products I lust after! You da girl!)

These are their star products, which I've personally tried and tested (the rest are all junk though, sorry C, just keeping it real).

Yes I do so adore their Capture Totale range. Leaves skin velvety soft and pores almost invisible. Pity they're that pricey though. If not for the awesomeness of staff discount, I'd never be able to justify their crazy prices, even if they do make my skin oh-so-pretty.





I'm sorry for the crappily taken pics but like I mentioned before, until I'm actually making REAL money, I can only rely on my N73 for now. So yea, I just received this bounty which includes the all-new Capture R60/80 XP serum, a sample of the eye cream and night cream. (Once again, thanks C!) I've been using this range on and off again for the past few years and am just delighted with the texture of the serum (the star product), how this revamped version, apparently based on the technology of *stem cells* (what a buzz phrase these days) will stack up against the old one, only time will tell since I haven't even opened the wrapper yet which is SO unlike me.

But all the mask testing that I've had to do (for YOU, just in case you forget) in the past week is just killing me (something that I never imagined myself ever saying or even thinking) and have left me with little time to do naught else, with the exclusion of couch-potato-ing of course. Nothing can come between me and my TV. And don't you dare think otherwise.

In other news, I think I'll be moving most of the masks posts over to Wordpress , (seriously though, what's the hoopla all about WP anyway? If YOU know, tell me now) just because I CAN. Nah, it's only coz the boss of me says I should. That nobody wants to read my inane mutterings on other stuff. I am truly hurt. Is this how you folks really feel? But because she is mostly right, for the nth time, I shall listen to her.

And so, her will is done.

1 comment:

Fiona Kernaghan said...

Hi! I really enjoy your blog. Have yo tried Jurlique skin care products? I've used them for years and they are the best!

Anyway, I was looking for fellow chocolate lovers and your blog came up. I'm a singer songwriter and I thought as you're a chocolate lover you might be interested in hearing a song I wrote about chocolate?! It's called "For The Love Of You" (The Chocolate Song) and snippets of it are posted at
http://www.myspace.com/fionakernaghan

Yours in chocalatey goodness,
F.
x

I dare you to steal my stuff!

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape